If you want to make your kid’s day, week, year, or actually their entire childhood you might want to consider building them their very own treehouse. Lifelong memories can be made and you can get a much-needed break too while they enjoy their very own treehouse.
This is a basic overview and some basic stages of what it would take to build your own treehouse:
- Pick the right tree or trees. Look for healthy trees like oaks maples – these all work well.
- Design your treehouse for success. Once you have an ideal tree the next step is to design your actual treehouse.
- Gather your materials. You will need construction materials to work with. Timber, decking material, screws, washers, joint hangers, rafter ties, nails deck screws, etc.
- Get the right tools for the job. You will need some basic tools like a hammer, saw, level, square, tape measure, adjustable wrench. Power tools like a cordless drill or a jigsaw.
- Next, mount the main supports and build the main platform and add braces if needed.
- Put the flooring down. With the main supporting structure and braces in place, the next phase to get the main flooring down to create a platform.
- Now it’s time to construct the railings, walls, and entrance.
- Add a ladder. A basic ladder is usually the best bet but you could also consider adding a tractable rope ladder for fun.
- The last stage is to put a roof on top of the treehouse. Once the roof is in place you and your kids are now free to enjoy your brand new outdoor treasure.